Akhisar Museum building was built by Ayse Hanim in the name of Ali Şefik Bey in 1933 as a hospital. It was donated by the same year to the Ministry of Education and had been used as Ali Şefik Secondary School until 1942, and has been used as Ali Şefik Teacherage in between 1994 and 2007.
Since it was agreed to be converted into a museum in 2007, studies conducted in the buildings were completed in 2012, and Akhisar Museum has been opened to visitors. Artifacts are exhibited in two section as Archaelogical and Etnographic in Akhisar Museum, which is a fairly new and modern museum.
10 to 18 million year-old fossils discovered in the region, remains of Kulaksızlar Marble Workshop which is thought to be a marble statue and pottery workshop of prehistorical period, goat and duck statues from the Bronze Age, grave stones and sculptures are being exhibited in the department of archeology of the museum.
On the other hand; glass bowls, equipments for daily use; such as plates, pitchers, gas lamps used in the Ottoman period, and other items of daily use, swords, pistols and rifles in various sizes are on display in the ethnography section of the museum. In addition, regional costumes and handmade carpets from the region are also exhibited. A section of the ethnography section is devoted to the professions which have lost their importance over time and shops, where these professions were performed, was resurrected with the appearance of their period.