It is a külliye, which consists of a mosque, which was ordered by Hüsni Şah Hatun, the mother of Sultan Beyazıt II and Prince Şehenşah, to be built; a madrasa which surrounds western and northern sides of the mosque's courtyard, an almshouse, and an elementary school.
The main street passes through the qıble direction of the mosque consisting of five covered places with one central dome and four smaller domes with two of them on each side, and of a five-part narthex. The minaret of the mosque is adorned with crosses of zigzag shape. The minbar, which is made with false kundekari technique, is one of the finest examples of Turkish decorative arts.
The elementary school, which is located on the western side of the mosque is a rectangular-planned structure, and was built with rough stone weaving technique. Madrasa and almshouse sections of the külliye has not survived to our day, since they were burned down during the War of Independence like many other structures. In order to generate revenue, Kurşunluhan was added to the külliye in 1497.