The plan of the külliye, which has been built in the name of Murat III in the late 16th century in Manisa, belongs to Mimar Sinan. Construction of the complex was commenced by the architect Mahmut Agha, and was continued to be carried out by architect Mehmet Efendi after his death.
Külliye, consisting of a mosque, a madrasa, an almshouse, fountains, and shops, is among the major architectural works in Manisa. It is located just beneath the Manisa Mountain, in the vicinity of Sultaniye Mosque. The mosque is a rectangular-planned structure along its width. A dome of 10,80 meters in diameter covers over the central part, and sections on both sides of the dome are half covered with a cross vault. The altar part is a space stretching along its width, gushing forward to the southeast, and the top of which is covered with a half cross vault. The middle portion of the five-part narthex is covered with a mirrored vault, and the sides are covered by the dome. Six columned cloisters open out to the fountain courtyard surrounded by walls. The madrasa is made adhering to the classical Ottoman madrasa layout and shape. The entrance door is on the western side, and there are rooms which are located in the northern, southern and western directions, behind the cloisters. There are stoves and cabinet alcoves in these rooms which are covered by a dome. The plan of the almshouse is similar to that of the madrasa, and behind the cloisters, there are kitchens, dining halls and food cellars which are in an order to form a “U” shape surrounding the courtyard. There are large stoves and a fountain in kitchen sections. The madrasa and the almshouse sections are used as a museum today. The library located in the courtyard between the mosque and the madrasa was built by Hüseyin Agha from Karaosmanoğulları in 1812.