The mosque situated in the south border of Esnaflar Park near the old bus terminal in Şehzadeler district of Manisa was ordered in 1474 by Çeşnigir Sinan, a freed slave of Fatih Sultan Mehmet. It has a rectangular horizontal plan, is built with face stones and covered by a big dome in the middle and small eliptic domes in the corners. There is a small library with a square plan adjacent to mosque's west side. This library was built in 1831 by Hacı Sabri Ağa from Karaosmanoğulları.
İvaz Paşa Mosque
The mosque, known to have been commissioned in the 15th century by İvaz Paşa, is in Karaköy quarter of Manisa. There is not much information reached to present day about İvaz Paşa who had the structure, called Çaybaşı Camii in Evliya Çelebi's book of travels, built. İvaz Paşa Mosque is built of stones and bricks cut in different sizes and shapes with the bond technique dominant in early Ottoman period. There are also vertically placed bricks in between stones. The octagonal and very high arched dome was also built with the same technique and has a window on each of its faces. Pointed arches of the narthex sit on marble columns with re-used capitals. There is a five-line epitaph on the flat arched main door situated in a big pointed arch. Evliya Çelebi states that he could not read and copy this epitaph due to its extreme complexity. İvaz Paşa Mosque represents a plan style in Turkish Architecture in early Ottoman period which was implemented on many prayer halls with Üç Şerefeli Mosque being the most important example. However, some changes were made here by the means of axial displacement, incorporating the shrine into the interior of mosque, building the minare on the left side and giving an appearance that reflects ancient Turkish art to its body.
Dilşikar Hatun Mosque and Külliye Dilşikar Hatun Mosque and Külliye, located near Great Mosque, was commissioned in 16. century by Manisa Alaybeyi Ferhat Ağa and his wife Dilşikar Hatun. The külliye which was built as a complex composed of mosque, imaret, primary school and hammam has lost some of its original feautures due to restorations it underwent over time. Furthermore, imaret building could not reach the present day. Mosque of the Külliye has a square plan. Its dome is octagonal and covered with tile. Narthex of the mosque was built later. The hammam which is a beautiful example of classical Ottoman hammam architecture was also built in the same century with the mosque.
Paşa (Sarı Ahmet Paşa) Mosque (Akhisar)
One of the most important structure in the complex composed of mosque, hammam, imarethane is the mosque. It is stated on the epitaph written above the entrance of the mosque that it was ordered in 1469 by Sarı Ahmet Paşa. Main prayer area is covered up with a dome. Sections on east and west wings are from later repairs. Use of stone and brick in an alternating fashion reflects regional characteristics.
The mosque is spacious and has a portico. A distinct characteristic of the mosque from other mosques is that it has two prayer areas: one on the right one on the left. Translucent colored glass of the windows on east and west fronts was produced by the first glass factory of Turkey.
Another importance of the mosque comes from the tombstones from various years in its courtyard. Evliya Çelebi, who visited Akhisar in 1671, described great plane trees in a large square in front of Paşa mosque and hammam and that 500 people were sitting under those drinking coffee, playing backgammon and chess.
Moreover, Sarı Ahmet Paşa has shops built with the purpose of providing revenue for imaret, hammam foundation.
Yeni Camii and Külliye (Akhisar)
The structure, which is located in Has Hoca neighborhood, was built to be an important complex in the region with its mosque, medrese, hammam and imarethane. Only mosque and hammam have survived to present day.
According to the epitaph above its entrance, it was commissioned in 1503 by Gülruh Sultan, daughter of Alemşah (Alemshah). Rubble stone and brick were used in the construction of square planned single domed mosque. Re-used material use is an authentic characteristic here as well as in other structures in Akhisar. It underwent repairs in 1913 and 1943.
Şeyh Sinan Mosque (Alaşehir)
The mosque is located in Alaşehir district of Manisa and estimated to have been built in 15. century.
The complex, which is in the south of Alaşehir, constituted a group of small structures with mosque, tekke, library, türbe and hazîre. Only mosque, türbe and a small part of hazîre have survived to present day. It is understood from the epitaph of türbe that the mosque was commissioned by Şeyh Sinan Efendi who is one of the caliphs of Emîr Sultan who came to and settle in Alaşehir from Bursa.
There is a türbe in the northwest corner of the mosque courtyard and sarcophagi belonging to Şeyh Sinan Efendi and five people close to him.
The mosque was used as a warehouse in the years of War of Independence. It underwent a serious repair in 1964 and opened to worship after having been repaired by public due to damage it took in 1969 earthquake.
Yıldırım Beyazıd Mosque (Alaşehir)
The mosque, which is located in Alaşehir, was commissioned by Yıldırım Bayezid. Its construction was unfinished due to the defeat of Ankara War and its roof was completed with wood. The mosque has a width twice its lenght was intended to have been built with a 3-balcony mosque plan.
It is understood that the mosque is enclosed with wood and brick according to writings of Evliya Çelebi. It was burnt during occupation of Alaşehir and repaired later. The mosque lost it many original features due to many repairs it underwent but minaret base in northwest is authentic.
Şahuban Mosque (Gölmarmara)
It was commissioned by Sarı İbrahim Paşa's daughter Şahuban Hatun as a part of Şahuban Kadın Külliyesi. Year of built is stated on the mosque as 1600. The mosque is composed of a square planned harim and narthex and is built of face stone and brick. It has a single dome.
Şahuban Medrese was also commissioned by Şahuban Hatun. Only one room, made of rumble and brick, has survived from this structure. It is known that the medrese continued its educational activities until World War I.
Halime Hatun Mosque and Külliye
The Külliye was commissioned by Halime Hatun, wet nurse of 3. Mehmet and is dated to 17. century. It was composed of mosque, medrese, dârülhadis, primary school, library, imaret ve guest house according to its vakfiye. Surviving units are mosque, medrese, imaret and double hammam which was added to the complex in order to provide revenue late in the same century.
This single-domed mosque's plan resembles that of Bursa Alâeddin Bey Mosque. It is a more spectacular counterpart of Şahuban Hatun Mosque which is located in its vicinity and belongs to late XIV. century.
The medrese, which is located in the north of mosque, consists of six rooms alined in the east of a rectangular planned courtyard, a classroom-prayer room in the middle and five spaces alined in the west with two rooms on each sides.
İmaret is located in the east of mosque. A great part of it is ruined and only a four room corner section which has an “L” shape reaching out in the north-south and east-west directions has survived.
Hammam was built in the east of mosque and a little far away. The structure, which is referred as Rum Hamamı by the public, has not any significant plan characteristics. Brick arched domes covers up the face stone walls of double hammam. Women's section consists of one cool room and two square planned private rooms and men's section consists of one cool room and four square planned private rooms.
It is known that sections of the complex that survived to present day lost some of their original feautures due to repairs.
Kurşunlu Mosque (Kula)
The mosque was commissioned in the late 15. century by Hoca Seyfettin Bey of Saruhanoğulları and built with seljuk architecture style. It is built of face stone and brick and has remarkable portrayals and hand-drawn decorations.
There is not much decoration on the exterior of the mosque. Rich hand-drawn ornament stands out in the harim. These decorations are on mahfil, boşaltma kemerler, top line windows on the main wall, arch and dome. In addition to this, there is alçı süsleme in the mihrab.
The most important hand-drawn decoration is situated on the mihrab walls both sides of the top window just below the arch. Mecca and Medina are portrayed in these decorations.
Ayn-i Ali Camii ve Külliyesi
17. yy.'da yapıldığı tahmin edilen Ayni Ali Cami tek kubbeli kübik bir yapıdır. Üç sivri kemer açıklığı son cemaat yeri kubbelerini taşımaktadır. Minaresi kuzeydoğu köşesindedir. Tuğla malzeme kullanılarak yapılmıştır. Minberi taştan yapılmış basit bir minberdir. Yuvarlak kemerli bir niş halindeki mihrabın taç kısmı kabartma barok desenlerle süslenmiştir
Kuzey yönündeki son cemaat mahalli mermer sütunlu üç sivri kemerli ve kubbeli revak sistemi şeklindedir. Taş söveli ve kemerli cümle kapısının iki tarafında birer basit mihrabiye nişi vardır. Mihrabı kaval silmeli, barok karakterli, sütunceli olup taç kısmında barok stilinde bitkisel desenler bulunmaktadır.
Ayn-i Ali Camii ve türbesi yıllar içinde geçirdiği onarımlar sonucu kimi orjinal özelliklerini kaybetmiştir.
İbrahim Çelebi Mosque and Külliye
İbrahim Çelebi, who commissioned the mosque located in Karaköy quarter of Manisa with medrese and türbe near it, served as kadı in different locations in Ottoman Empire and a tutor and minister of finance to Kanûnî Sultan Süleyman's son Şehzade Mehmed in the years he was in Manisa as sanjak-bey.
The mosque was built in 1549 and located in a capacious courtyard. The three-unit narthex, which is enclosed in the present day, is covered with three polygonal arched domes which sit on pointed arches carried by marble columns.
Minbar in the wooden women's mahfel (gathering place) is a real work of art made out of walnut tree twenty seven years after the mosque had been built.
In the courtyard of the mosque, a marble shadirvan covered with a new, domed roof the upper part of which is carried by six columns. The madrasa of the külliye is composed of two small cells on both sides of the courtyard and does not possess many architectural features. Hazire of this modestly sized külliye is located at the east side of the mosque.
Lala Paşa Mosque
The mosque, which is in Lalapaşa neighborhood of Manisa, was commissioned in 1569 by Mehmet Paşa. It is built of face stone and tile with a square 9.90x9,90 plan. An octagonal-based central dome covers the mosque. The four-unit narthex, which is located in front of the mosque, is carried five marble columns connected with round arches.
The prayer hall is illuminated with one window next to the entrance portal and the mihrab, and two of them in each of the side walls. The mihrab has a rectangular projection to the outside and appears as a round alcove. The mosque has a round bodied single-balcony minaret built on stone base on the left of it.
In the big yard the mosque located in, there is a tomb in the north of the mosque, which is claimed to belong to Lala Paşa. However, Lala Paşa's tomb is actually in Istanbul.
Ayn-i Ali Mosque and Külliye
Ayni Ali Mosque which is estimated to have been built in 17. century is a single-domed cubical structure. Three pointed arches carry domes of the narthex. The minaret is located on its northeast corner. It was built with bricks. The minbar is a simple minbar built of stone. The mihrab was built as a round-arched alcove and was decorated with baroque relief designs on its capstone.
The narthex in the north direction has a portico form with three marble-columned pointed arches and domes. The main door, which is arched and has a stone door jamb, has simple mihrabiye alcoves on both sides. The mihrab has a fluted pattern, baroque characters, pillars and botanical designs on its capstone.
Ayn-i Ali Mosque and türbe lost some of its original feautures due to restorations it underwent over time.
The mosque was built in 1649 by placing classical tiles between joint spaces of face stones. It is severely damaged due to a fire and thought to have a dome in its original form instead of the wooden flat ceiling it has today.
There is no trace from the medrese which is thought to be in the north of the mosque. The minaret preserves its authenticity. Geometric and guilloche designs created with lime-grouted joints and bricks on its brick body built on stone base associates with Central Anatolian Seljuk minarets.
Hüsrev Ağa Mosque and Külliye
The mosque, which is located in Sakarya neighborhood, was commissioned in 1554 by Hüsrev Ağa. Square-planned mosque is covered up with a dome and has a single-balcony minaret.
It is built of rough-hewn stone material and bricks were placed in joint spaces of stone blocks in a two horizontal one vertical fashion. Stone-framed rectangular windows were placed on every front and a pediment was placed above these windows in the form of blind niches with pointed arches. A plaster window is placed above each window.
There are a hammam in the east, two arched fountains in the north and east fronts of courtyard walls and hazire in the direction of kıblah. The structure was restored in 2005 by Vakıflar Genel Müdürlüğü.
Akhisar Great Mosque (Akhisar)
The mosque, which is located in the neihgborhood of same name, was turned into a mosque from church with the name “Fethiye Mosque” by Saruhanlı Beylik. It is scientifically determined that the mosque, at least partially, is built on a former Roman structure. It is suggested that the structure used as church by earliest Christians in the district was located in the same area before Great Mosque was built. In other words, it is suggested that it was used firstly as a Roman temple, then as a church in Early Christanity period (probably the St. Basil Church after IV. century A.C.) and then as a mosque. Aspis traces in the yard were interpreted as evidence for the church's existence.
Exact year of built is not known but it is estimated to have been built in XIV. century. The mihrab and the dome in front of it was renovated in a restoration in XIX. century. Balcony of the minaret was repaired in 1913. The top of the main prayer is covered with a dome, and with three domes in Eastern and Western directions each. Only the mosque has reached to present day from the complex which composed of mosque, medrese and tekke.
Darkale Mosque (Soma)
It is the only mosque with a minaret in Darkale village. The main door to courtyard has a decorated door jamb from Byzantine period. The minaret, which belongs to 19. century, is seperate from the mosque and has an authentic stucture. Materials from the ancient period were re-used in construction of minaret.